Switch to Social Work is a partnership between the Victorian Government, the Centre for Excellence in Child and Family Welfare, community services organisations and La Trobe University.
The program provides participants with:
- full tuition fee scholarship
- a cost-of-living allowance in the first year
- expanded workplace training opportunities with intensive industry supervision
- access to industry networks and industry mentors
- industry-standard wage in the second year with a paid internship in a community service-organisation
- tailored support while studying.
Switch to Social Work is also looking for child and family service organisations to host Switch to Social Work participants.
Benefits for participating organisations include:
- financial supports including a 25 per cent wage subsidy for participating students within your organisation
- targeted supervisor training reflecting evidence based best practice
- access to a cohort of students with diverse skills and experiences, motivated to build their careers in child and family services.
For more information about the program visit the Switch to Social Work website.