The L17 Family Violence Portal is used for the management of family violence incidents.
About this course
This course provides new users with a comprehensive overview of the L17 Family Violence Portal, which is used for the management of family violence incidents.
Who should complete this course?
The course is for staff from services who receive L17 referrals/reports directly from police for action. This includes:
- Child Protection Intake
- Child FIRST agencies
- Women’s family violence services
- Men’s family violence services
- Aboriginal Community Controlled Organizations
Staff who have not used the L17 Family Violence Portal before or would like a refresher on how to use certain functions should complete the course.
What does the course cover?
This course will teach you how to:
- navigate the L17 Portal and locate content
- use search, assign and triage functionality
- customise the portal to meet your service’s specific requirements
- make referrals to other services
- generate PDF versions of the referral/report
- enter actions and client outcomes
- reopen closed status L17 referral/reports
Course type: Online
Duration: 1 - 2 hours
Cost: No cost
Overview of the course content
To gain the most out of the training, it is advised that all modules are completed in sequential order.
Introduction and features of the homepage
Introduction to the L17 List view including navigation, customising the layout, searching and refreshing
Introduction to the L17 Record view including how to access the record, making referrals to other services, how to enter actions and attachments, reopening a closed referral and respondent, children and risk assessment details
Knowledge check - a quick quiz to reinforce your understanding of the modules
Access the course
Please email L17Portal@dffh.vic.gov.au to obtain access to this course.
We welcome your feedback! By providing feedback, we can ensure the training modules are fit for purpose and meet the needs of staff who use the Portal.
Please email L17Portal@dffh.vic.gov.au to provide feedback about this course.