Funded agencies access and/or manage public sector data to enable delivery of services to the Victorian community. The Service Agreement outlines funded agencies’ responsibilities in relation to information security. The Information Security and Funded Agencies SharePoint site provides information resources to increase information security awareness and manage public sector information securely.
Information Security and Funded Agencies
The VPDSS is in place for the department and our funded agencies to ensure the security of public sector information.
Under the Privacy and Data Protection Act (2014), the Office of the Victorian Information Commissioner (OVIC) brought into effect the Framework (VPDSF) and Standards (VPDSS) for information security. The VPDSS cover the five security domains of governance, information security, personnel security, ICT security and physical security. Under the VPDSS, the department is required to seek assurance on the information security arrangements of its funded agencies as outlined in the Service Agreement.
The department has developed the Information Security and Funded Agencies SharePoint site as an information resource for:
- Increasing security awareness
- Improving understanding of information security
- Managing and protecting information to ensure it is safe from compromise.
The site also provides the tools and templates that will help funded agencies to undertake key activities to support the assurance process.
Does this relate to my funded agency?
Access to this SharePoint site is not required if:
- Your agency is part of the department’s Digital Health information security program
- Your agency is funded only via a Short Form Common Funding Agreement (SFCFA).
Please contact the VPDSS Project Team if you have questions about user access at your agency.
1. Information Security and Funded Agencies SharePoint site
2. Incident reporting FAC landing page
3. Office of the Victorian Information Commissioner website
VPDSS Project Team email@example.com