The grants can help groups to meet some of the costs associated with providing social, emotional, and practical support to their members. They assist with administrative costs, communications and activities that strengthen the group.
This year, groups can also use funding in new ways, including:
- for activities that celebrate pride and recognition
- to pay for guest speakers.
The amount groups can apply for has also increased from $5,000 to $7,000 a year.
Applying for grants
The department invites applications from all eligible groups, with a focus on groups that support:
- First Nations people
- autistic and neurodiverse people
- young people (aged 12-25)
- women and girls
- people from culturally diverse communities
- people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, gender diverse or intersex
- people in regional or rural Victoria.
To find out more and to apply, go to the Disability self-help grants webpage
Applications close on 14 December 2023.