The Program supports the Specialist Homelessness Sector (SHS) workforce growth, sustainability and capability. CHP has actively supported the development of the Program on behalf of the sector aiming to support workforce needs and respond to COVID-19 impacts.
The Program is funded by the Jobs Victoria Fund to help people into work and connect employers with the workers they need. The Jobs Victoria Fund offers a flexible approach to deliver innovative job creation approaches at scale for priority job seeker groups. Jobs Victoria is developing strategic partnerships with employers and other industry partners to maximise sustainable and secure employment opportunities.
Participating agencies may be eligible for a wage subsidy of up to $28,000 from the Commonwealth Boosting Apprenticeship Commencement Program available up until 31 June 2022.
Key activities of the Homelessness Sector Jobs Program:
- Identify one hundred entry-level jobs (vacant or new positions) across Victoria in the SHS
- CHP to work with the sector and link employers into the benefits of the Program
- WIDI to screen and connect job seekers from the Jobs Victoria Hub to employment opportunities (minimum 12 month / part-time or full-time contracts)
- SHS providers responsible for final interview, offer of employment, onboarding and supervision of new employees
- Employees provided with regular mentoring (led by WIDI) to increase skills and aid retention
- Training supported by the Program includes Cert IV Community Services training with RMIT College of Vocational Education and CHP 2-day online induction to new employees.
The Program is a great opportunity to address workforce demand and if you would like further information about the program or information, please contact Ro Marks Program Lead from CHP via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 0417 260 958.