To date, there have been no successful attempts identified however the Department is advising funded agencies to be on the alert.
- Advise your staff to exercise ongoing vigilance with their emails. Remind staff to not reply or click on any content/links from senders that are suspicious or not identifiable.
- Enable multi-factor authentication for all work accounts as soon as possible. It is recommended you also encourage staff to activate multi-factor authentication on personal accounts or subscriptions to prevent being personally targeted.
- Speak with your IT team or IT service provider to enable cyber defence mechanisms such as spam filters to block phishing emails.
- Stay informed of the latest news and threats via the VPDSS SharePoint Site and ACSC Advisories
- Alert the Department's Cyber Security Team if your agency is impacted by a phishing attack or incident. Email: email@example.com.